Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blog Assignment 1: Get to Know Me

I was born October 21, 1988 in Mobile, AL. I am the oldest of three children, all of which are girls. I was raised in a two parent home by my mother and father. I am a very family oriented person. My sisters are my world. I want only the best for them in their lives and I hope they both succeed to do great things. My parents are always pushing us to do our best and I appreciate them for that.
I love to write, and I believe that passion is what pushed me to strive to be an english teacher. I also love to sing. Singing and writing help me to express different emotions I am feeling. When I write I feel like I am able to say things on my piece of paper that I may not be able to say out loud. I also love spending time with my family and friends.
I ended up attending the University of South Alabama, because it is a good quality education near the people I love and want to be around most. I am looking forward to finishing school and being able to teach teenage students the importance of writing and how it can be an escape from their everyday problems. I am looking forward to being one of those teacher who are passionate about what they are teaching and their students. I am nervous, but very excited.

2 comments:

  1. Kendra, it is nice to meet you and learn some things about you. Like you, I also have some sisters that I care about. I understand what your saying about being able to express yourself in writings. Sometimes saying things that you want can be hard. I can't even write things that I want to say. Good Luck with becoming a english teacher. Maybe you can help me with some of my english.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because you started the class last semester does not mean you can skip the assignments this year.

    ReplyDelete