Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blog Assignment 3

A Vision of Students Today
This video is sad, but so true. I pay all this money to retain information about things that I will more than likely never use in my everyday life. I will be in a ton of debt, but this is all because I want to better myself. They make it way too hard and exspensive for people to obtain a degree. My college experience has been exactly this way except in my EDM 310 class.
Since I have to pay all this money I should be hands on and excited about laerning. The information that is being taught in the majority of my classes will more than likely never even be used again.

It's Not About the Technology
This blog hit so many important points. When it comes to education proper teaching is a very important part of getting out information to kids. I like her point that teachers must also be learners. We need to learn the best ways for our students to learn. Teachers should be able to learn new and different teaching methods. If teachers are not able to learn the new technology trends and methods, how will we be able to teach them.
Technology in the hands of a teacher without good teaching skills would not do students any good. Technology should be used to enhance lessons, but not take the place of teaching.

Gary's Social Media
Those numbers were changing really fast. What does this mean for my career as an educator? The way these numbers were changing means by the time I hit the classroom the majority of my students will be use to being entertained by the internet. I guess my next question would be do I try to compete against technology for my student's attention or do I embrace technology and we use it both inside and outside of the classroom so they can learn better.

3 comments:

  1. Kendra, you made some good comments about each of the individual assignments. All of these sites really emphasized what Professor Strange is telling us about technology and about teachers being life-long learners. I connected best with the first one, “A Vision of Students Today” because much of my college experience has been the same. I am a hands on learner and I like this class because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra, I too believe that as teachers we must continue to learn on a daily basis. If we don't want to learn new things, we will become "stuck in our ways" and will never reach our full potential as educators and individuals. Thus, our students will never reach THEIR full potential, because we as educators hindered the process of their learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about your reactions to Karl Fisch's post about technological illiteracy?

    ReplyDelete