Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blog Assignment 4

Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff. Please
This blog left me having mixed feelings. I agree that the web does have some dangerous things, but that is where educating comes in place. If parents take the time to teach their kids about the dangers of the web, then kids will have the knowledge needed to safely function on the web.
The web has tons of valuable information for making the our youth better students. The world around us is becoming more and more technology literate, so why should we shelter them from it.

The iSchool Initiative
WOW... There is a huge smile on my face. I cannot wait for ischool. Ischool sounds great for students, teachers, parents, and the environment. Ischool will save school systems all over money. This device will help to make students hands on with technology. The only concern that rises in my mind is are all students really ready for this. Other than that ischool sounds like a great new learning tool.

The Lost Generation
I like how she took time to state the facts first as an attention getter. Society says that because of our generation the world will no longer operate the way it does today. It is up to us to change the statistics that society has already set for our generation. Our generation has to get our priorities in order. We determine our future.

Eric Whitacres's Virtual Choir
What a way to use the vitual world. I find it very fascinating that people from all over got online to form a choir without never even meeting one another. They sounded excellent. If the web can be used to form a choir that sounds like this, then to me it sounds like the sky is the limit with the web. This video goes to show you how the web is a great tool for success.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that if time is spent with kids showing them the dangers of the internet that it can be used for learning! Exactly! The world is turning to technology, our students should not be left out of this. That will hurt their learning now and their future. I also like the idea of ischool! I also asked myself is students are ready for this and I believe that yes they are. I am sure that most students already have ipods so why not use them for learning! Yes we do determine our future. I was angered by the facts that appeared first, I am not ready to agree with that just yet. When reversed I understood the point. I have been telling everyone about the virtual choir! I absolutely loved it! The web is going to really help our students learn and help them learn in new ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly right Kindra, we educate children about the dangers of the web early on and make sure they know how to avoid unwanted attention. The benefits of children using and exploring technology far outweigh the dangers. Almost anything we do in life involves risks or it provably would not be worth doing.

    Your blog loods good overall. The "About Me" gadget should be at the top of the column. Also, be sure and proof read before posting. SS

    ReplyDelete