Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog Assignment 5

Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom
This video highlighted the good points on podcasting. Podcasting gives students the opportunity to learn through listening without having to have the teacher in front of the class talking the entire time. Podcasting allows you to get the entire class involved. Students are able to hear the voices of their peers and are able to learn at the same time.
Podcasting gives students who are out sick the chance to stay on top of the teachings that have taken place while they are out. Students enjoy podcast because they are able to listen to a particular lesson over and over if they need to.

Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog
I really enjoyed their podcast on Ancient Rome. They read with enthusiasm and made me feel as if I were there. You could tell they had took time to do research on their topic. I really enjoyed hearing Jackson read about the gladiators. Job well done to the third grade class.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Kendra!

    I also think that podcasting can be beneficial because it allows students to learn through listening to their peers. I appreciate the class involvement that podcasting can create, especially for group projects. It definitely presents a good opportunity for lessons in teamwork. I also think podcasts can be beneficial for those students who may be out sick for one day or even longer.

    I thought the Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog was amazing! The sound effects and voice-acting of the children was particularly impressive to me.

    Amanda Brewton

    P.S. I think you may want to change this blog post's title to "Blog Assignment 5". I almost thought that you hadn't posted for that assignment. Simple error. Simple fix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand you are in the hospital. I hope you get well soon. When you get back to your school work call and we'll figure out how to help you catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kendra,
    I agree with you on the benefits of podcasting. I had never really given much thought to them in the way of how to use them in my future classroom. I am happy to say I now know how to make a podcast and broadcast it. It will be helpful to use for me, but also to involve other classmates. There seem to be so many benefits to exploring this additional tool. For me, it is amazing to see what children are able to do these days! For people my age, we learned how to use computers in elementary school by playing Oregon Trail and now my 3 year old daughter is in a computer class at her pre-school. It is a wonderful thing that our future generations are already being exposed to computer and taught how to use them. Now it is up to us to stay up-to-date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendra,
    I have to agree with you podcast are exciting and can be very helpful in the classroom. I believe use anything and everything you can to help keep you student involved and motivated. Also for kids of today they will probably learn more from a podcast than from an actual lecture. Hope you include podcast into your classroom one day. Thanks

    ReplyDelete