Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blog Assignment 2

Did You Know
My reaction to this video left me saying, "no I did not know." The world that we live in is growing and changing technologically everyday. Where as the radio was the first form of communication for the majority of the population, now the internet is taking over. It is funny how many people are finding there mates on computers now.
Times have really changed and it seems like we all should be trying to get aboard the technology train or we are going to be left behind. I never knew how much of an everday process getting online had become. This video also helped me to see that I am not as in touch with my computer skills as I need to be.

Mr. Winkle
This video made me a little upset. We say our kids are the future and if that is true then why is there no technology skills being taught in our schools. When our kids step foot out of the classroom and into to the world as Mr. Winkle did, there is going to be technology all around. Students should be taught skills that are going to be needed in order to funtion in the real world. Those skills should not just be limited to what is in the textbooks.
Educators all over should start today to better the minds of the kids we say are our future. Schools all over need computers in every classroom. Technology is changing everyday, and so should the minds of the students of America.

Digital Smarts
This video put a big smile on my face. The kids seemed really excited to be learning. The teacher helped to get her students involved in getting familiar with using a computer and interacting with kids from around the world. More schools should have classroom settings like the one in this video.
I wish I had the opportunity to be be familiar with the latest technology before my junior year of college. I think that if we had more classroom settings like this one then students would have more opportunities at jobs that are opening.

Schools Kill Creativity
I really enjoyed this video. It made me laugh and think all at the same time. I totally agree with him. We begin to teach kids at an early age to stay in the lines when they are coloring, but why should they. Kids should be allowed to express themselves through their creativity. Creativity is what drives the individual.
A child should be able to to creative in the things they learn in school because one day that creativity may be the thing that helps him/her to suceed in their future. Each and every child is different and that is the way they all should be treated, as the unique individuals they are.

2 comments:

  1. Kendra you are so right that we should all be getting on the technology train. We must also teach our students everything we can or they will be left behind. I really enjoyed the Digital Smarts video as well. I thought it was amazing the things that teacher was teaching her students. I wish that I would have had the opportunity to learn these things while in high school.
    Kids should defiantly be able to express themselves. We do not need to make them all the same. Everyone is different for a reason and we need to teach our students that it is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great observations Kendra!

    I also liked your statement about "getting the technology train' This is so true especially for teachers. If we don't get aboard we will get left behind.

    Your blog is looking great. Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete